Sunday, September 8, 2024

Last Day

Today was my last day off before having to return to work.  It's always a bit sad in a way but also a bit of a relief since almost 9 days straight of working on music can wear you out a bit.  I got off to an early start today, getting in about 2 hours of mixing time before the US Open Men's Final.  I then watched the match and returned upstairs to do another 2 hours, then ate dinner, and did yet another couple of hours.  It was a long day.

"Usurper", the opening track on the album, was the track to work on today.  This one's been a bit of a problem child for awhile now and I did a lot of various recording during Memorial Day in hopes of trying to finally get it to gel.  In revisiting the track and those parts, I found a bit of a mess since I had recorded stuff all over the place, and I couldn't even get my head around what the heck I was doing only a few short months ago.  The first part of the day was focused on Auto Aligning the parts, then I worked on the drums for quite some time, and then I started working through the various guitar parts.

At the end of the day, it's still nowhere near to being done but I did work through a decent amount of issues and was able to get the track setup for full mixdown.  I need to go through all of these songs this week and start writing down what parts I might want to add, in hopes of knocking the majority of those out maybe next weekend.

Yesterday, I worked on "Our Satellite's Collide" as planned both before and after watching the women's final.  That track is fairly complete and seemed to come together quite well but that wasn't a total surprise.  I figured that one would behave.

I'm also going to go through the "Mirror Land" EP this week in hopes of getting that ready to go as soon as possible.  I really want that one out for mastering as soon as physically possible.  It's simply been sitting around for way too long at this point.

All in all, it was a pretty good week and I learned a ton that I didn't know before this time off started.  I'm excited about the mixes I have in the works and I feel confident that they'll be my best work to date.  I actually can't wait to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment